This page is a resource for Monroe Country, PA residents, businesses and travel and tourism partners and visitors on factual information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). We will continue to make regular updates to this page as necessary. Please feel free to share this resource with anyone whom you know who can benefit.
From the Pocono Chamber
A Message from Marlyn Kissner, Executive Director, Pocono Chamber of Commerce
Dear Member and Partner,
As we navigate through the uncertainties of the situation at hand, please know that we are here to support the business community and will continue to do so with best practices, programs and important information as it comes available to us.
At this time, we have postponed and rescheduled a majority of our March and April Pocono Chamber events. For workshops and meetings that could be moved online to a webinar format, we have done so and have indicated this on the event listing on our calendar.
We will continue to keep you informed of further events or news updates here on our website, via email and also on our official Pocono Chamber of Commerce Facebook page.
We are strong, we are resilient and will make it through this together. Please feel free to contact us any time, we are here for you!
Other Chamber & Business Resources:
- Monroe County Commissioner's Updates
- Monroe County Courthouse Updates
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Website
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans COVID-19 FAQ
- Small Business Development Center
- SBDC Business Consultants are available for individual meetings by phone or real-time video conferencing on multiple platforms.
- Virtual Online Group Sessions are being offered on Tuesdays from 10 am – 12 pm and Thursdays from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
To sign up for CodeRED alerts for Monroe, Pike, Wayne and Carbon Counties in the Poconos, click on the CodeRED logo below.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA)
Questions and Answers
Pennsylvania State Government Updates:
- Paid Family Leave
- U.S. Department of Labor provided additional guidance for employers on offering paid leave to their employees.
- Small Business Relief
- Paycheck Protection Program
- Applications accepted beginning April 3 (small businesses/sole proprietorships) and April 10 (self-employed/ independent contractors)
- Guidance on Paycheck Protection Program (U.S. Treasury)
- Information for Borrowers (U.S. Treasury)
- Lenders for Active SBA Agreements (4.2.20 @ 2:30PM)
Restaurant Employee Relief Fund
Corona Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
Family First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA or Act)
- Federal Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family & Medical Leave
- Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family & Medical Leave
- FFCRA Frequently Asked Questions
- Field Assistance Bulletin No. 2020-1
FFCRA Implementation Guidance
Small Business Administration
Pennsylvania Governor & Government:
GLVCC Public Policy Update
Dear Chamber Members,
During this time of uncertainty, The Chamber’s Public Policy team will provide you with the most current state and federal information that you can use right now for your business and your employees. There are a number of proposals to implement funding solutions for business in both Harrisburg and Washington. We thank our public officials for recognizing that business needs assistance now as you work to stay above water and be helpful to your employees.
We continue to be in daily communication with our legislative leaders and staff to monitor progress and will update you immediately on results from which you may be able to benefit.
Please contact us (contact information below links) with any questions you may have and we will be back to you asap.
Public Policy Team Contact Information:
Michelle Young: email@example.com
Brittney Waylen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matt Powell: email@example.com
Pocono Mountains United Way
- Grant Money to Help Hundreds During COVID-19 Crisis
- Crisis Response Fund - A coalition of philanthropy, government, and business partners has joined together to create the Monroe County Crisis Response Fund that will rapidly deploy flexible resources to organizations in our region working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the economic consequences of this health crisis.
Pocono Mountains Visitors Bureau
CDC & U.S. Travel:
The U.S. Travel Association and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) held back-to-back calls Wednesday, March 4 to keep everyone aware of what's happening globally and here at home with COVID-19. Here is a link to the summary from those calls.
There will be updated guidance on the U.S. Travel website here: U.S. Travel toolkit
The CDC also provides updated guidance here: CDC Coronavirus response